Have you considered hipsturbia?
Does hopping on the Waterfront Trail to go cycling or running whenever you want sound appealing? Do you appreciate being able to walk to places like the grocery store, shops, a local pub, an athletic centre, the neighbourhood school, an art gallery and even a beach? Want to live in a community with a unique vibe, that's well-connected to Toronto because it's within walking distance to the GO Train? A modern community that's part of a larger historical town boasting local breweries and a quaint downtown?
If that sort of hipsturbia lifestyle sounds about right for you, then you might want to check out Whitby Shores. It's the perfect option for many future home owners from Toronto with growing families who want more living space than their downtown condo gives them, while maintaining convenient ties to their friends and job in the city.
Whitby Shores has townhouses, small detached homes, and larger ones. Some even have lake views. I've helped many families purchase their dream home in Whitby Shores over more than a decade working in real estate sales. Curious to know more? Get in touch!
My top 18 favourite things about life in Whitby Shores
1. Walk to the Whitby GO Train and get to Union Station fast
2. Connect with nature every day - jump on the Waterfront Trail in minutes
3. Work out at the large, modern athletic facility
4. Walk by the grocery store and restaurants on the way home from the GO Train
5. Enjoy the arts at Station Gallery and nearby Courthouse Theatre
6. Walk to Port Whitby Marina
7. Go on a nature hike at scenic Lynde Shores Convervation Area
8. Walk to Whitby Shores Public School
9. Get the kids quickly to local parks, bike trails, and sports
10. Relax at the sandy beach
11. Appreciate stunning views from many homes
12. Enjoy a strong sense of community and a broad mix of residents including families with kids, singles, couples, empty nesters and seniors
13. Save time getting to ski hills just up Lake Ridge Rd
14. Avoid a lot of traffic on your way up to cottage country
15. Benefit from a history of strong real estate resale values
16. Get on the 401 and 407 (via 412) quickly
17. Take the dog across Victoria Street to the dog park
18. Enjoy having nature as your neighbour!
Want to reach those Toronto buyers?
Let's call a spade a spade. If you live in Whitby Shores then you know how unique and rare a neighbourhood it is. I've sold homes across the GTA and have seen all sorts of communities. Yet I've never seen another one like Whitby Shores. You know what I mean.
I understand why Whitby Shores is attractive to Toronto buyers, and why many people from the city prefer it to other locations. The features, the vibe, the conveniences and the connection to both nature and the city. I understand its value and the real value of homes in the neighbourhood.
If you're thinking of selling your house in Whitby Shores and would like to work with an experienced Broker who understands both the value of the neighbourhood AND how to connect with Toronto buyers, get in touch.
For information about buying and selling in Whitby Shores, contact Chris Butryn, Broker, BA, LLB.
(905) 668-6566 | (416) 284-4751
The range between minimum price and maximum price is incorrect. Please submit the correct range.